- 1 full dropper WELLPUR Organics water soluble CBD in sweet
- 1 medium banana (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup sliced strawberries, blueberries, or chopped mangos
- ¼ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or oat milk
- Optional: ground flax seed or chia seedHere is a breakdown of some of the key ingredients that make this super charged breakfast smoothie:Fruit: It’s the key to adding sweetness and a variety of flavors to any smoothie recipe. Fuit play many roles other than simply adding sweetness. Fruit is an excellent source of fiber and the “good” kind of carbs that provide us essential sources of fuel throughout the day. Bananas are a smoothie staple and one of my favorite things to add to a smoothie! They also provide a great source of potassium, and can make your smoothie rich and creamy in texture and flavor.Leafy
- Greens: I love to sneak a handful of greens into my smoothies. You can’t taste anything and my son has no clue he’s drinking raw greens. I tend to reach for spinach or kale but you can add any kind of mild tasting greens. It is a great way to add a dose of fiber and vital vitamins and minerals.
- Greek Yogurt: Yogurt also gives your smoothie a creamier consistency and add that extra dose of protein.
Liquid: All smoothies need a little liquid to help it mix better. For a lighter and fresher smoothie I prefer using orange juice for a refreshing drink. For something super charged and packed with energy making ingredients I like using unsweetened oat milk or unsweetened almond milk. Coconut milk would be a great option however feel free to mix it up!
Nut Butters: Want to add protein for that long lasting energy boost? A scoop of your favorite nut butter will adds a healthy dose of vitamin E, an antioxidant that protects essential fats in your body, supports healthy skin and hair, and helps keep your immune system strong. We love homemade almond butter for a nutritious supplement.
Cannabidoil or Water Water Soluble CBD: Last but not least, we add water soluble CBD. Some people feel CBD has an awakening effect and some need to it to treat their anxiety. So taking CBD first thing in the morning is relatively common among users. Traditional oils are not mixed very well with water so we prefer to use our H2O cannabidol tinctures. This CBD type is absorbed into the bloodstream faster and the effects can be up to 10x more effective than the oil equivalent. Your body is able to absorb almost 100% of the cannabinoids into your system.